Thursday, July 24, 2008

First Visit to my Classroom

Today was the day I have been waiting for. Ever since I was little (I can remember all the way back to preschool), I dreamed of becoming a teacher and having my very own classroom. Well, the time has come and I finally have my very own room!! Room 101 to be exact! My classroom is located in the front hallway, one classroom away from the principal's office. Which I hope is place my kids won't be visiting.

I spent 4 hours at school today rearranging my room. I brought supplies to set up my bulletin boards, however, I spent so much time with the furniture I didn't get to the decorating. After leaving school today, I feel confident with the arrangement and placement of the desks and other furniture in the classroom.
This is a view of the room from my desk.
This area will be our meeting spot. I plan to do calendar in this area every morning. This is where we will dance and sing about the days of the week, months of the year and the weather. One of my favorite times of the day!
My desk and corner area! This poor desk and filing cabinet got moved so much that day. My friend walked in and was totally surprised! I think it feels cozy!

A view of my classroom from the door. I love the way I angled my desks. It offered so much extra space in the classroom, especially for chairs and walking around!


Look at all the books that were left behind from the previous teacher! I was so happy and thankful that whoever had my classroom before left such a great start to my classroom library. All I need is some serious time to organize and label reading levels on these books!

1 comment:

Mrs. Full said...

I'm searching tonight for classroom decorating ideas and I stumbled across you blog. Congratulations on your teaching position. I'll be starting my 6th year and I still feel the excitement of the new school year. It looks as though you have a great size room to work with. I've been posting ideas for decorating a classroom. If you'd like to check them out, I'm at http://mrsfullsfifthgrade.blogspot.com/

I collect ideas so if you have any to share, please do.